Register for a Warranty
In accordance with your rights under the Australian Consumer Law and Consumer Guidelines, you are entitled to return a product if you believe that the item is not as described, or if it is faulty due to a manufacturing defect and is within the manufacturer’s warranty period.
The First Strings warranty covers all instruments, cases and bows sold through www.firststrings.com.au. For any items deemed defective by First Strings, we will, at our option, choose to repair or replace under the terms stated to here to the original purchaser.
Instruments and Cases:
- All new instruments and cases are warrantied to be free of defect in material and construction for one year. This includes chinrests, endpins and tailpieces.
Bridges and Bows:
- Bridges and bows are covered by a 6 month warranty.
The following items are not covered by this limited warranty:
- Any damage caused by misuse, negligence or malice;
- Open or unglued seams or any other damage caused by temperature or humidity;
- Accidental or intentional damage to the instrument such as but not limited to knocking, dropping or scratching;
- Rusting or corrosion of any metals (such as the strings or chin rest fittings); and,
- Fading, wear or damage to the varnish caused by general wear, misuse, heat or cleaning incorrectly.
- Strings and bow hair are considered 'Consumable Items', and are therefore not covered by warranties.